Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that involves moving individual hair follicles from one part of the body (the donor site) to bald or balding parts (the recipient site). It is primarily used to treat
Male Pattern Baldness
Surgery by Follicular Hair Transplant is better in many ways Transplanted Hair Looks and feels natural wig.
Transplanted hair remain undetectable among the other hair
- Transplanted hair grows and keeps growing permanently unlike the hair of wig and the regrown hair by Medication
- Do not require extra maintenance or care unlike wig, which require lifetime care.
- The transplanted hair can be cut, colored and styled as well
- Transplantation normally has one time expense unlike medication or wig which require lifetime expense
- It is a One day Procedure performed by numbing the skin so the person can talk with doctor, watch TV, listen to music, read, take a nap, have lunch and juice and even go to toilet!
- Patient can take shoulder bath from same day and can shampoo hairs from 3rd day
- Light office work from second day
- If you are from out station you may travel back same or the next day, minimum follow-up is required thereafter
Two methods of Follicular Hair Transplant
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) or Strip method (with stitches in the Donor area)
- Stitch less Method called FUE (Follicular Unit Transplant).
Both FUT & FUE
- Total Duration - 6-9 hours
- Discharge same day
- Back to work – next day
- Shampoo – 72 hours
- Stitches (FUE) – 7 days
- Shock loss – 21 day
- Re growth – 3 months onwards
- Full growth – 9 – 12 months
- Benefits of Hair Transplant
- Improvement in looks
- Greater self confidence
- Improvement in social lives
- Improved Emotional and physical wellbeing
Hair Transplantation is an advanced technique of restoring hairs on bald or scantly haired portions on head by different techniques like Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
FUE- Follicular Unit Extraction
It is a new advanced technique of extracting individual grafts from the scalp and involves a small round punch device of 0.75 to 1 mm size to extract individual Follicular Units from a patient’s bald or resistant donor area using a specialized low-torque motorized machine. These Follicular Unit Grafts are then transplanted into the patient’s bald area. The wound is less than 1 mm in diameter and therefore heals rapidly with no scarring and stitch marks. FUE technique enables the creation of larger donor pools by taking follicles from beard and chest.
Due to a lack of linear scars (as are associated with traditional Follicular Hair Transplantation of strip method or FUT), FUE is much less invasive in nature and potentially has a faster healing time. For the same reason, the popularity and demand for FUE has increased significantly over the last several years.
FUT– Follicular Unit Transplantation
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) is a procedure involving transplanting hair from the more hairy regions of the body, also called ‘permanent zones’- this includes the area at the back and sides of the scalp where hair is more resistant to balding. This is accomplished by transplanting of 1 to 4 hairs called Follicular Units into the hairless portion.
After the patient’s scalp anesthetized, the strip of tissue from the donor area (i.e. the region within the permanent zone) is removed and is then cut into many individual Follicular Units using Microscopic Dissection Techniques. As these Follicular Unit grafts are being prepared, some tiny holes in the scalp are made (called recipient sites) to place the grafts.
FUT is an advanced form of older Hair Transplantation procedure because it uses smaller grafts to give a natural look. In a Follicular Unit Transplant, the results will mimic the hair growth in a natural way and will be undetectable as a by-product of synthetic process.
Beard Transplant (Facial Hair Transplant)
Facial hair loss, patchy spots or uneven growth of beard are some common issues that men are facing nowadays and it underlines the regularity of putting up an unkempt appearance even in the most groomed men. This may also have happened due to a prior incident that had detrimentally affected the hair growth or due to a genetic patterns of hair growth.
The most obvious solution to this problem is creating a perfect full beard. Undergoing a facial hair transplant provides the ability to grow and maintain moustache or beard or side burn, thereby creating a very manly appearance. This cosmetic procedure is capable of changing the look of your face and providing sharp lines for a natural appearance. Beard Transplant provides the permanent solution for the problems like:
- Sparse facial hair.
- Patchiness or any facial scars.
- Beard transplant.
- Partial facial hair transplant.
Body Hair Transplant (BHT)
It is an advanced surgical procedure for hair restoration and comes as a blessing for people who have poor donor areas and have consequently been discouraged by most clinics as ‘poor candidates’ for hair transplantation.
BHT is based on a concept of harvesting hair from those parts of the body where the hair are abundant, like beard, chest, shoulders, stomach, arms and legs. These hair are then transplanted into the scalp and result in longer, thicker and naturally growing hair.